Wednesday, May 23, 2012

On my needles...



I really thought I'd be finished working up my cowl by now, but life is full and there isn't always time for knitting, is there? Amongst the several things I'm currently reading is Peril and Peace which is the first in a series on church history for youth (lots to learn for adults, too!). I'm hoping to read the entire series aloud to the kids over the summer; we'll see how that goes. :)

What's next?

Petal pink and buttermilk...perfect for booties & a bonnet for a dear friend's first granddaughter. :)



Oh, and I just have to share these granny squares that AnnaLynn's been crocheting. These will be sewn together to make a green and yellow pillow to go on her bed in her green and yellow room. She's been working her way through a Klutz book on crochet and figured out the granny square pattern on her own! My dear Baba (grandma), who taught me to crochet years and years ago, would be so proud.  :)  As far as reading goes for my girl, she just can't get enough of Marguerite Henry. 



Me? I'm still reading Square Foot Gardening along with a book on the fruit of the Spirit and, of course, my Bible.

How about you? What are you reading? What projects are you working on this week?

Joining Ginny:


Thanks for dropping in! I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been both a blessing and encouragement; if so, won't you join me? Look to the upper right to follow, subscribe via email, or via RSS feed. ~Lisa

Disclosure

20 comments:

  1. Love that yarn for your cowl. Looks like a deep rich brown. Both of my girls want to learn to knit and crochet. We practice together from time to time, but its difficult for them to pick up right now. My friend gave me one of those looms, so we're going to try those, should be fun!
    Thanks for coming by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning the visit, Darcel. :) We've found the Klutz books for both knit and crochet to be terrific ways for my daughter to "get" the different steps & stitches and even to figure out pattern reading! Happy crocheting to you! ~Lisa

      Delete
  2. I'm all about butter-yellow-granny-squares :-D My favorite color for a blanket! Very pretty! My latest project got posted on my blog, it was a restoration-project!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on may over to see what you've been up to, Lori! Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh those granny squares look so pretty...it is so nice to pass on the talent of crochet...then your lovely daughter will pass it on to her future children and the chain link will be stronger and stronger. While the craft continues to live on...

    blessings my friend,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Maria, it is sooo nice to pass on this craft! We've got big plans for different learning projects to expand her skills throughout the summer, many of which she hopes to enter in our local county fair. Should be fun!

      Delete
  4. I know it's not Muffin Monday, but I'd just like to say, YUM! What fantastic looking muffins you've created. I feel very welcome while visiting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I are in the same boat. I thought I'd be finished with my daughter's skirt, but I'm still knitting it. I LOVE church history and will definitely put Peril and Peace on my reading list. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome! Hope you're able to carve out some quality knitting time; that skirt looks like it'll be super cute. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow your cowl is lovely! I love the tweedy brown you're using. Do you know what pattern you're using for a bonnet yet? One of my friends requested one for her one-year-old and I struggled to find a pattern I liked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte, Thanks for kind words. :) About the bonnet I'll be knitting, it's one I've made up and haven't written the pattern for! Hope you're able to find one you like soon. Blessings, ~Lisa

      Delete
  7. I made a little shrug sweater for my daughter and I'm pretty sure I used that exact same yellow yarn. It was granny-based too, so her squares look very familiar. Love that she is learning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, Heather. :) I love that my girl is learning, too! She's really picking it up and getting quick! Happy crocheting to you! ~Lisa

      Delete
  8. Her granny squares are lovely! She's doing a great job. The wonderful thing about grannies is that their potential is unlimited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlimited, indeed! If only I could finish that poncho I started for myself...

      Delete
  9. Beautiful yarny things! Makes me smile to see them! I will have to check out those books....I imagine my kiddos (old and young) would appreciate them as well!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keri! Your kids (and you) would love the "History Lives" series!

      Delete
  10. Hurray for AnnaLynn. Of course, she has a lot to live up to! The drape of your cowl is lovely and those soft colors for the baby... mmm. I haven't picked up my knitting for almost 2 weeks now. I wouldn't have thought it possible. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two weeks? Happens to me from time to time, but that's life. Thanks for the sweet words, Debbie. :)

      ~Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...