Me thinks I've got too many books going...
- Amish Knit Lit Circle: light, easy, yet filled with yarn, books, community, and encouragement. Kind of like our weekly Yarn Along, right? :)
- The Betrayal: historical fiction about John Calvin that is almost finished but has been neglected.
- The Poisonwood Bible: Haven't even opened this one. Yet. But I'm determined to join Amanda's read along 'cause this book sounds so good.
- Face to Face: a primer on fellowship, friendship, and hospitality and our need of all three. Excellent!
- At the Water's Edge: The only one of my current reads that has a due date (the rest I own), thus it's the one receiving the most attention. Truly enjoying this read (another one recommended by Amanda -- thanks!).
And I'm having lots of yarny fun...
Having finished my slouchy beanie knit with a skein of Ginny's yummy black-walnut-dyed worsted merino, I cast on another with Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in heathered aqua which is a gorgeous, gorgeous colorway. This one will be a fitted beanie rather than a slouchy which I'm hoping leaves enough yarn for a pair of fingerless mitts. We'll see. I've also been working to replenish my washcloths which are rather worse for wear. So nice to fill my kitchen drawer with a fresh stack of dishwashing cloths! Funny how knitting something so utilitarian can be so satisfying. Ravelry notes are here. :)
How about you? What's on your needles? What books are you enjoying?
Joining Ginny :)
Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)